Monday, August 13, 2007

Any thoughts on PDAs?

The ol' pen and paper isn't cutting it this week/month/year, and my memory's not what it used to be. I added a bunch of stuff to my Outlook calendar, but then if I'm not at my computer, I can't see my schedule.

What I want is something that will serve as a calendar (including annoying reminders) and a place to keep all my various to-do lists organized. (Maybe syncing with Outlook.) The ability to wirelessly check email might be nice as well, but is not entirely necessary.

I'm thinking it's time to step up and buy a PDA, but I don't know about all my various options. Anyone care to provide a recommendation?

6 comments:

Rose Connors said...

I love my Sony Clie for reference material for nursing, i.e. drug guide, lab guide, etc. I know lots of people with Palms who really seem to like them too.

EthidiumBromide said...

I've had a Dell Axim for 3 years, and am really quite happy with it. My fiance had to get a Palm for the hospital, and doesn't like it as much as mine. Whatever brand, get one with Windows Pocket PC on it -- much easier to use, and a cinch to sync with Outlook.

Kate said...

I also like my Sony Clie, which uses Palm OS for software (so I don't know if it syncs with Outlook). Recently I've stopped using the Clie and just use the calendar software on my laptop.

I'm afraid to get something that lets me check email on it, because I check it too much already!

Chanda! said...

check out the sony ericsson m600i. you'll have to get it on ebay, but my girlfriend and i LOVE ours. the feature list is ridiculously nice and long. my favourite feature? the expandable memory that makes it functionally an ipod nano for cheap (2 gigs for CA$70). in order for it to work as a cell phone you'll need a service provider that uses sim cards.

PhD Mom said...

Whichever one you get try the Franklin Covey SW it has been a lifesaver for me.

Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa