Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Manic May

The next thing that comes across my desk, I am going to say "NO" to.

Here's what's on my plate this month:
1. Co-author a white paper (May 18)
2. Review a paper
3. Lead field work at least once (with baby) (Friday)
4. Meet with my undergrad and cajole/plead for him to finish writing his thesis even though he's graduated
5. Come up with something/anything to conclude from the fiasco that was project PPP
6. Start and complete 3 big analyses on Project Beta so that Dr. ABC can present it in early June
(Damn him for writing an abstract without having any data - or any plans to get it himself)
7. Continue to plan field season for Project Delta
8. Review text books for course I'll be teaching in fall
9. Spend my startup money and deal with logistics of getting things delivered to Mystery U.

Does that sound like a list that can be accomplished in 25 hours per week? I didn't think so.

And that's just the work-work. On the homefront I have to merely:
1. Be a good mom. Always. Especially those 4 mornings and 1 all-day that I am home alone with Minnow. And the 11 pm, 2 am, and 5 am feedings.
2. Declutter and intensively clean the house so it can go on the market June 1.
3. Major weeding of yard/gardens before house goes on market.
4. Fly to Mystery City and buy a house there. But maybe this will happen in June? Depends on when Fish can get a day off.

I'm not sure whether I feel more or less stressed after making this list.

9 comments:

Happay said...

honestly, eventually you just feel numb and wander your way through the day getting done what can be done and saying screw the rest.
(from she who has house on the market, closing on house that has never been seen, on week 5 of maternity leave but working since day 4, and had surgery last Friday)

Writer Chica said...

take care, call in all your supports and know I'm thinking of you

estraven said...

Wow. I am impressed. Buy a house? It took us a whole pregnancy to buy a house!
Best of luck, and may Minnow soon learn to prefer unbroken sleep.

Chuck said...

6: Tell him to write his own damn paper. He has a degree, he shouldn't need his hand held...

8: Post the textbook options and ask the blogosphere for advice.

9: Why can't that wait until you actually start?

JaneB said...

First of all, do what you can and accept that that is all you can do...
Re: 6 - I'm in exactly the same boat with a colleague who said 'is x possible'? When I said yes he submitted an abstract to a conference without asking me (but with my name on it) which not only said 'we will have done x' but also said 'x shows y' - he is always too darn optimistic - so now I have to do x before the end of May despite the grading mountain etc. etc. - and I've been faculty for over nine years now. So it's not just you this happens to.

Chuck - yes, I wish it was this simple. In my case it certainly isn;t - the colleague sits on two funding panels to whom I want to submit grants and mucxh as I like him and respect his science I don't trust him to separate his interactions with me from my application... this is the problem with doing science with scientists, many of whom are all too human when it comes to the politics!

EcoGeoFemme said...

Can you hire someone to do the gardening? Or anything else at home that isn't feeding Minnow?

Super Babe said...

Good luck getting things off your lists. Hiring somebody for menial work may be a good idea... Sorry you have to hold some grad student's (graduated!) hand... And good luck with the move and all. Now I'm off to do my own list... which pretty much implies:

1. Working on project A (until I go blind with Excel)
2. Doing modeling to finish 2 papers and hopefully send them out for review in the next month.
3. Start writing a proposal for some "mystery" grant so I can extend my post-doc...

I'm stressed now. And it's only Monday!

Anonymous said...

When I finished up my PhD and was moving, starting a new job etc...I found some willing grad students and interns that wanted to make a few bucks. They made my yard look ship shape -- not super curb appeal, but much better than it was. Well worth the money to reduce the stress in my life. So the point is that I second that idea to outsource some of the to do list.

Good Luck!

-Katie

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,按摩棒,跳蛋,充氣娃娃,情境坊歡愉用品,情趣用品,情人節禮物,情惑用品性易購

免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,A片,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛

A片,色情,成人,做愛,情色文學,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,言情小說,愛情小說,AIO,AV片,A漫,av dvd,聊天室,自拍,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,色情A片,SEX

情趣用品,A片,免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,色情網站,免費AV,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,成人影片,情色網


情趣用品,A片,免費A片,日本A片,A片下載,線上A片,成人電影,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,微風成人區,成人文章,成人影城,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,臺灣情色網,色情,情色電影,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,麗的色遊戲,情色論壇,色情網站,一葉情貼圖片區,做愛,性愛,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,美女交友,做愛影片

av,情趣用品,a片,成人電影,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,aio,av女優,AV,免費A片,日本a片,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,聊天室,美女交友,成人光碟

情趣用品.A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,色情遊戲,色情網站,聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,免費A片,日本a片,a片下載,線上a片,av女優,av,成人電影,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,成人網站,自拍,尋夢園聊天室