Thursday, March 29, 2007

this morning's sent messages

To department chair, mystery U.:
Could give me an update on the status of your search? I suspect
that you have offered the position to someone else, and if so, I hope that they
make an excellent addition to your department. I remain interested in the
position, and I hope to hear from you soon.

To AA director, ?AA? U:
I wrote to you over two weeks ago with a report of gender-based discrimination
during the faculty search in the Department of XXX. While I do not seek personal compensation, I would like an acknowledgment that my letter was received and is being treated seriously. If I
do not receive some response from you within the next week, I feel it will be necessary for me to send my letter on to other members of the ?AA? U administration.
ETA: just got a voice mail from AA...

To Earthmama:
Playdate, tomorrow afternoon? My house or yours?

2 comments:

Allie said...

Okay, the suspense is killing me. What did they say?

Sylvia allein in Westfalen said...

I know what you are talking about ...I am waiting for a decision since january 16th. I politely asked about the status but there was no response yet. This uncertainty is not very funny.
I am glad that I am not depending on getting a new job very soon.
I keep my fingers crossed that you get a positive answer soon.