Tuesday, March 27, 2007

checking in

Oops! You missed it. Too bad.

this picture was taken a few minutes ago

  • Minnow is now 2 months old, has huge smiles of delight, and is batting at objects. We know she can see across rooms to look at lights and graphic prints. Her favorite activity is wiggling to the music of her mobile or activity gym,
  • She has her two month appointment tomorrow. She’ll get 4 shots! 4!
  • I start back to work on Monday – 25 hours per week for at least two months. More on this to come.
  • ScienceGrandma will babysit for 4 hours 3 afternoons per week. Fish will do all day on Monday. The rest I will have to fit in while she is napping.
  • Fish has been sick the last 4 days, so I’ve had all the babycare for 8 days with no break in sight.
  • Minnow has now been to campus 3 times and has endured her first project meeting. next up: field work

7 comments:

post-doc said...

It's been 2 months already? Wow. She's absolutely wonderful - I can tell this from a single photo. :) I hope getting back to research goes smoothly and that Minnow takes to field work like a pro.

doc-in-training said...

Wow... I cannot believe Minnow has to endure her first project meeting already. Please keep us posted on how things go next week.

Shrilatha Puthi said...

hey, good to hear from u, hope everything goes well with ur work n Minnow..

btw, what's that red dot on her nose?

ScienceWoman said...

Shrilatha - She's got awfully sharp fingernails. I think the dot is a scab from a scratch. I'm all scratched up too. But I had another mishap cutting a fingernail the other day some I'm abstaining again for a while until I get over the trauma.

post-doc: I hope minnow handles the field work OK too, but I am actually more worried about the 3 hour drive each way. And hopefully the weather is warm and dry. Oh, now I am worried again...I'll let you know how it goes. At least it's not for a couple of weeks yet.

doc-in-training: I will do my best to continue to post even after I can actually claim the title of working mom. Have no fear - I won't leave my readers hanging for too long.

Writer Chica said...

I'm here wishing with all my heart that I could lighten your load.

Dr. Mon said...

Wow she is so precious! Best wishes on continuing your journey back to work!

PA said...

How did the co-sleeping work and how did you transition her to a new bed? I always worry whether co-sleeping makes the transition to a crib more difficult, and what the real benefits are. Oh, and she is SO CUTE! Thanks for the picture!