Friday, February 16, 2007

Too little sleep makes you forget things

I just went out to the garage to pull a load of laundry out of the dryer and I discovered 4 earthworms on the garage floor. It's been really rainy the last few days and a lot of our backyard is standing water - I'm not sure how the worms managed to get into the garage, but it makes a certain amount of sense. However, their prognosis is not good if they continue to hang out there.

Anyways, thinking all this, I decided to rescue the worms and I found a scrap of paper to scoop them up with. As I tried to get the first worm onto the paper and was getting frustrated with how hard it was, I suddenly remembered.

Worms don't bother me. They are not gross, not scary, and won't make my hands dirty or smelly when I grab the clean laundry.

So I just picked them up and tossed them outside to relatively dry piece of lawn.

That's all.

5 comments:

ElwoodCity said...

ScienceWoman, that is sooo funny! Of course a sciencewoman studying -ology isn't going to be afraid of worms. I hope there are some good naps in your future as you get ready for your interview.

Sonnjea B said...

I was on the edge of my seat reading the part about getting a scrap of paper to scoop the worms, thinking, "SW is squeamish about touching a worm? Didn't she just go through natural childbirth? Isn't she a scientist who does field work out in fields?"

Fortunately, just when the suspense was getting to be too much, SW remembered who she was and saved the worms!!

And they all lived happily ever after. The end.

SciMom said...

Ahhhh, sleep. What was that again? I can now efficiently function on 4-5 hours of INTERUPTED sleep! With a 5 and 3 year old, a job in science, and a desire to have a seemingly organized life, I don't get much. The only perk so far: on the once every two years that I travel through time zones, especially Europe, the whole sleep deprivation and time change does not effect me! The best advice I've ever gotten, and don't take enough - when the chance to catch some Zzzzz arises, even if it's only 10 minutes, take it. You'll be much better prepared to handle the day.

headrocker said...

Just came across this blog. Made me smile. You go Science Woman!

逐日 said...

Fortunately, just when the suspense was getting to be too much, SW remembered who she was and saved the worms

I think so