Tuesday, January 09, 2007

10 things I'll miss about not being pregnant anymore

  1. All the attention from friends and total strangers
  2. Getting to eat all the ice cream I want using the excuse "I'm craving it."
  3. Not feeling bad about not getting a ton of vigorous exercise
  4. Not doing housework because I don't want to be exposed to chemicals
  5. Rubbing my big belly
  6. Feeling a knobby part stick out from belly, rubbing it and having it disappear
  7. Feeling Mini's every kick, punch, and squirm
  8. Feeling her hiccups
  9. The sense of anticipation
  10. Knowing my baby is with me and in the absolute safest environment possible for every moment of every day

Huh, this list was a lot easier to make than the other one.

8 comments:

Addy N. said...

Yeah- I had quite the shock after my daughter was born. My belly had been stretched so far over that baby that I couldn't even tell there was fat there. I had been swimming regularly, so I figured there wasn't any fat. BOY WAS I WRONG! It was very depressing when the 'mush' was left behind! Good luck with the last weeks- I'm looking forward to PICTURES after the little one emerges!

Anonymous said...

#1: people will be even more attentive to your gorgeous baby!
#2: next excuse: "I need many calories, I'm breastfeeding" (true, btw).
#3: still true for many, many years to come. You have a family and a job.
#4: stop doing housework altogether: hire someone and spend the time you save with Mini.
#5-#10, alas, there's only one known remedy for: having a Mini2. Be warned that after that you'll feel like having a Mini3, though. It's a slippery slope.

ScienceWoman said...

addy n: of course there will be pictures

anonymous: i like your counter offers, but I think Mini2 is a good couple of years off yet.

JF, scientist said...

I especially like the no-housework one. I wonder if being 'pre-pregnant' is a sufficient excuse?

And I had no idea one could feel a baby hiccup. Wow.

ScienceWoman said...

jf - Baby hiccups feel like regular, rhythmthic movements in the belly that last for a couple of minutes at a time.

Rose Connors said...

Enjoying the updates and wishing you and Mini well:)

Lab Lemming said...

The first time I read this, I thought that you had given birth (in the few hours since the last post), and this list was a wistful look back.

silly me.

trillwing said...

I'm so friggin' excited for you. You're going to be shocked how much you love Mini and how fiercely you'd protect her. The hormones are POWERFUL.

The two things I was totally unprepared for once Lucas was born were the incredible sleep deprivation and the recovery from the delivery. I wish I had bought stock in those cooling hemorrhoid pads! :P