Wednesday, December 06, 2006

December's goals

My lethargy in writing and posting this month's goals is something of a reflection of my current ambivalence towards work. Partly, it's that I don't have many externally imposed deadlines at the moment (except of course the big one) so it's harder for me to prioritize what I should be working on. Partly, it's that big looming arrival and the time off after it making it harder for me to feel committed to long-term projects. Partly, it's that work is taking more and more of my available energy to accomplish less and less and I just want to be at home putzing around my house. And finally, it's that a couple of things have been pushed off for several months now and I think I'll feel better when I finally put them to bed.

So here's the list:
  1. finish and submit next paper to journal (the one I was going to submit in October)
  2. review paper for journal (done, but late)
  3. Get the pre-postdoc data and take a look at it (also on the list from last month)
  4. QC and compile data from 2005-2006 for submittal to funder (new task, external deadline)
  5. develop plan for "unfunded mandate" work now that we're committed to presenting it in June (lingering on the list from last month)
  6. apply for jobs due in December, January, and early February

1 comment:

Annie said...

Just keep in mind that you might not get everything done while you're practicing being a new mother... It seems like you'll have all this free time - and you might well get a lot done while the wee one is napping - but you'll also have days where you wake up and just want to curl up on the couch with him/her and do nothing. Don't feel guilty about those days!