- In a last gasp of dissertation torture, I have spent the entire day working on a single paragraph of the revisions for Chapter 4. I absolutely don't care any more. I have no desire to write a well crafted paragraph that synthesizes the literature on the subject (most of which I haven't actually read). Instead I wrote crap that addressed about 1/2 the things that I think co-advisor wanted me to address.
- Chapter 4 is so monstrously long and unfocused that major sections are going to have be completely revised (or cut out completely) before submission to a journal. This partly explains the above bullet, but I have no desire to revise for submission at any point soon. It would help if my co-authors actually took some responsibility for the paper at some point before submission.
- Mini's kicks are definitely getting harder. My new favorite way to spend an evening is feeling the kid kick and squirm. Last night we saw my belly move for the first time.
- So far, the hardest of my post-PhD resolutions to keep is an unexpected one. TV-free dinners are fairly easy to implement, reading for fun is taking care of itself, etc. But I am finding it hard to get an hour in the yard each week. Between my energy levels and physical restrictions (e.g., not climbing on the roof to clean the gutters) and the shortening daylight hours, I'm only managing about 15 minutes.
- I've actually got a reading for pleasure post in my head for tomorrow. Let's see if I manage to get it written.
- Tomorrow my advisor (who has been out of town since my defense) and I are meeting to discuss my post-doc work load, etc. I think I need to write a position description, but right now I am too brain-dead to do so.
- Crap, I just realized that S and I didn't establish who was going to pick up our shared veggies today. Phew, she's home and she's going to do it.
- I missed the season premiere of Gilmore Girls last week and I'm looking forward to tonight's episode as much to see how the new writers manage as to how the plot has progressed.
- I think I might just call it a day, go home, have a snack, and take a nap until fish gets home.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
I thought I was going to have a good post today but...
instead I have RBOC.
Posted by ScienceWoman at 7:32 PM