Sunday, October 15, 2006

Comfort meme

As I am working on another job application, I thought that a break from this cold, dreary afternoon would be nice, and what do you know writer chica and jo(e) have a "comfort meme" going.

1. Comfort beverage: Chai tea, chamomile tea, or hot chocolate with whipped cream

2. Comfort chair: I sit on the couch propped up with lots of pillows and a blanket wrapped around me.

3. Comfort read: Cookbooks. Short stories. Things that are satisfying but don't require a lot of time committment.

4. Comfort television/DVD/music: Gilmore Girls. Sarah McLachlan. Bach's Cello Suites.

5. Comfort companion: The Princess Pup - always excited to see me, her soft fur calms me as I pet her. She'll also cuddle up behind my legs when I curl up on the couch.

2 comments:

Writer Chica said...

Bummer that my kitties are banished to the porch. I liked when they curled up next to me and I could pet them.

Do you read cookbooks to get meal ideas and then cook them or do you curl up with a cookbook and imagine the yummy food? Actually just thinking about good food right now makes me happy.

ScienceWoman said...

sometimes I read them to find an idea for using a specific ingredient. Often I read them because they invoke a scene (domestic me with time and talent for cooking) that I wish was reality more often. And because they come in "bite sized morsels" perfect for browsing over breakfast.