- If my diss. is in my manuscript format and coauthors are acknowledged at the front of each chapter, do I have to change "we" to "I?" What about the in press paper? Then it won't be the same as the published version?
- Would any man consider it a pleasant break from diss. writing to hang laundry on the line?
- On a related note, how does one end up with half a clothespin?
- How long is a conclusions chapter supposed to be if there are conclusions at the end of each chapter? Are my 910 words 25%, 50%, 75%, or 90% of a suitable length?
- What's supposed to go in my intro chapter anyways? I know it is supposed to tie the papers together thematically, but besides a paragraph or two doing that, what else should I write about? And how long does it have to be?
- Will the Loacker (hippie Nutella) that got too cold in my fridge ever be easily spreadable again?
- Does Loacker on whole wheat crackers count as a healthy snack?
- Does anyone know of any pregnant post-doc bloggers? Links encouraged.
- Would it be bad luck to dedicate my thesis to my unborn child? Would that somehow jinx the pregnancy or turn the kid off to science and school forever? Or will it be something they think is pretty cool when they grow up? Opinions seriously wanted here.
- If I am going to make minestrone-like soup and plan to include fresh spinach, do I need to cook the spinach first (how?) or can I just throw it in raw and boil it with the rest of the veggies? Soup making starts in 1.5 hours.
- What's wrong with my RSS feed? I subscribe to my own feed in bloglines just to make sure its working and none of my recent posts have appeared. I have a red exclamation mark next to my feed (as does Dr. Shellie by the way).
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Things I want to know
(I've written 909 words in my conclusion chapter so far today, so I deserve a good long blog session).