Friday, August 18, 2006

Quote meme

'cause I just wasn't meant to work on the diss. today.

As seen all over the place. Go here and get random quotes til you find "5 that you think reflect who you are or what you believe."
  1. Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric. - Bertrand Russell
  2. If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return? - Margot Fonteyn
  3. Words, once they are printed, have a life of their own. - Carol Burnett
  4. Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. - Oliver Wendell Holmes (this is my favorite quote ever, how fortunate it should show up here)
  5. The animals of the planet are in desperate peril... Without free animal life I believe we will lose the spiritual equivalent of oxygen. - Alice Walker

3 comments:

Writer Chica said...

that's a nifty link. When I get a chance I'll post on this.

Forest Green said...

I wish you every bit of luck and the gift of gab from the Blarney Stone when you defend your thesis. I quess it's possible that you have already done so. I hope it went well.

Whatever happened, remember that what really counts is that you are living, breathing, healthy, have things or people to love, and hope for the future.

Theses (plural of thesis) come and go, but friends, health, love, etc. go on with you over the horizon. And ultimately, if you trip and fall (as an old, old movie suggests), "Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again!".

Another perspective.

price per head service said...

I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely