Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Princess Pup turns eight

Today marks the eighth birthday of the Princess Pup. I find it hard to believe that the little ball of fur Annie and I brought home at the beginning of our sophmore year of college could already be a middle aged dog. I'm really hoping that this year marks the midpoint in her life, because I can't imagine mine without her. Nothing like a beloved pet's birthday to remind you of your own mortality, I guess. (children's birthdays are probably worse, huh?

On a happier note, the Pup and I celebrated the day in style. I sang Happy Birthday to her as we cuddled in bed this morning, gave her some dog gravy on her breakfast, and then BusinessMan and I took her for one of her favorite walks. I was working at home today which meant that she had free roam of the house and yard all day, she supervised my laundry loads, and she got to lick the cap off my yogurt cup at lunch. This afternoon I took her for a walk in a different part of town than usual. We got to see (and smell) cows, meet another dog, and go for a siwm (she not I). The we went over to S's to drop off the veggies, and the Pup got some love from S's two year old son. Now she is demanding I that I go to bed, because she wants to curl up on our clean sheets. She doesn't know it's her birthday, but I still feel good about being extra nice to her today, because she is an extra nice part of my life every day.

6 comments:

Sicilian said...

Pets make our lives much richer.
Happy Birthday to Princess Pup.
Ciao

ceresina said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Princess Pup! What a nice way to celebrate, for both of you.

Writer Chica said...

Happy Birthday, Princess Pup!

Astroprof said...

Happy Birthday to the Princess Pup!

It is hard to imagine sometimes life without our pets.

skookumchick said...

Glad the chocolate left no adverse effects! I'm dogless at the moment (my photo is of my most recent pup who died the December before last), but am working on Mr. S so we can get one. The main difficulty is living in 2 different places... but, oh, for the love of a dog!

Mosilager said...

Congratulations to Princess Pup from BooBoo and Ginga