Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The last hectic days

Pregnancy pains and school stress have lead to a major loss of sleep the last few nights. And I really haven't managed to cross out anything significant on my to-do list.
  • Write abstract
  • Write acknowledgements - need to add funding sources
  • Write "Contributions of Authors"
  • Compile Table of Contents
  • Finish writing Introduction chapter and draft and format Figs 1-3
  • Get reprint permission from publisher of Chapter 2
  • Complete revisions on Chapter 3 from A, C, S
  • Get and complete revisions on Chapter 4 from G, S, S
  • Get and complete revisions on Conclusions chapter from G
  • Compile and format bibliography
  • Compile and format appendix
  • Proofread pre-text, intro, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, conclusions
  • Format chapters uniformly (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
  • Format Chapter 3 figures - still need to fix one minor thing in Table 2
  • Format Chapter 4 figures
  • Compile complete PDF and paginate
  • Send to committee
I've been working on extensive revisions to Chapter 4 - creating new figures, restructuring the paper, clarifying muddy writing and muddier thoughts. I'm nearing the end of it though - some comments I can't deal with until after my advisor actually get to talk about them, but that won't happen until after the diss is with the committee. So tonight I am lugging home the laptop to start compiling the table of contents (i.e., listing section headings, figures, and tables, but not adding page #s) and maybe finally take a crack at the abstract. Then, hopefully, I will go to sleep and stay that way all night, with no pain from my hips and no stress-induced insomnia.

10 comments:

Saoirse said...

I'm sending lots of positive energy your way. :)

Writer Chica said...

I know you can, I know you can, I know you can!

I wish you sweet sleepy dreams. I used to do an awful lot of meditating prayers while trying to fall asleep. That and focused deep breathing.

Let me know if you want me to proofread. I will have some time during the next week to do that.

As I was driving today, I thought that I would mention to you that a shade on the infant carseat is very useful. Keeps the sun, rain, snow, etc. off of Baby.

skookumchick said...

Keep it up, you're almost there! Lots of good vibes coming your way...

Sicilian said...

Science gal. . . you need to drink Chamomile tea an hour before bedtime. It is great for when you have nausea. . . it is great to relax you and make you sleep. . . it is good for baby. . . and great for mom too. Sorry no herbal remedies for the hip pain. . . you are doing really well considering all that is going on.
Ciao

turtlebella said...

I think you are doing great! And have done lots. You are almost there...sending good vibes to you!!! Hope the Table of Conents construction went well (most annoying thing, but probably because I put page numbers in at the start and then they kept changing of course. erugh).

Rose Connors said...

The crossed out part of the list is growing! Very exciting.

Dr. Mon said...

Man I've been in my own world--BELATED BELATED CONGRATS on the baby news!!!!! I knew this was coming this summer for you!! How wonderful. I wish you and the little one continued health!!

You are doing great on the work--hang in there!!

B said...

I hope you sleep well, you've earned it! You are almost there!

PhD Mom said...

Things look like they are moving along. Good luck, you WILL finish.

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.