Friday, June 23, 2006

It's done (I pray)

My first paper is ready for resubmission (pending a third party check of my use of English). Here's how it looks now:

31 pages double-spaced without Figures, Captions, References, or Tables
8 figures (1 color)
3 tables
8 equations
63 references cited

3 very thorough reviews + comments from the editor
99 reviewer comments addressed resulting in:
1 deleted figure
1 added figure
1 deleted section
1 completely and totally revised section as the result of
2 revised chunks of analysis

All I can say now is I hope that they don't send it out for complete review again, I don't think I can take much more effort with this paper. But at least, even if it does get re-reviewed, the reviews probably won't be in time for me to have to deal with them before the defense.

So that's it: In the past 3 3/4 years, I've produced one manuscript for my thesis. And now I propose to write 2 more in the next 2 months. We must all be insane.

7 comments:

K said...

Yay! Done is a good thing. Have some good ice cream! And just don't think about the next two months for a few hours...

post-doc said...

Congrats!

And if I was one of the "we" in the "We must all be insane." I just wanted to say that I agree completely. Hang in there. :)

BrightStar said...

Nice work! I understand the stress about taking a while to publish from one's thesis... and I also want to write another manuscript next month. Let's cheer each other on!

Propter Doc said...

Ooohhh sense of progress, very heady feeling! We are all insane, but that is the fun bit. Well done! But you are at risk of inspiring me to get on with my stuff now! Need to submit three papers this summer, two left over from the PhD.

ceresina said...

Nice! Congratulations on getting it done!

Writer Chica said...

Great Job, Sciencewoman!

B said...

Congrats- That is great news!