Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Good to be home

After 6 states in 16 days, it is unimaginably wonderful to be home again in Utopia, sleeping in my own bed, cuddling with BusinessMan, playing with Princess Pup. The trip was rewarding and exhausting, but the old saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder" has never seemed more true. I've still got a huge pile of work in front of me; I didn't manage to get nearly as much done while traveling as I had hoped. But one deadline have been granted an extension while I've conceded defeat on another. I've finally accepted that is impossible for me to have a submission-ready manuscript by Friday. I know that all I am doing now is postponing the stress but hopefully when it comes back I will be in a better place mentally, physically, and geographically.

Confidential to the bloggers I read: I decided that the smartest strategy was to cut my losses and clean out my bloglines backlog. Please forgive me.

4 comments:

Dr. Mon said...

Hey it's just good to see ya! Enjoy being home and get some rest!!

phd me said...

Welcome back! (and we completely understand). Glad you had a good trip but it's good to have you among us again.

Katie said...

You're blogging again! How wonderful! I missed reading you, and I've been begging bloglines for more to read lately so I was thrilled to see your name light up. :)

jo(e) said...

Welcome home. I always hit "mark as read" in bloglines when I return from a trip .... otherwise blog reading starts feeling like an obligatin instead of a pleasure.