Thursday, May 18, 2006

one of those days

Can I just say that some days I love my job? I love doing analyses and graphing the results and seeing something really unexpected and cool. I love that I can have a stimulating meeting (not an oxymoron) about a science ed project with which I'm involved and then go on work on a paper for submission to a top 5 -ology journal. I love that I can book a trip to see volcanogirl, singlegirl, and writer chica and charge it to a grant (yes, there'll be a hell of a lot of work done too.) I love that I can listen to Gershwin's 3 preludes performed by Gil Shaham on iTunes while I run analyses.

And what makes it even better is that BusinessMan just called me to say that he is having a really good day at his job too.

Hope yours are similarly scintillating.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Good for you, and I mean that! Alot of people today are rich, lazy, and stupid. They just don't DO anything! It's refreshing to see someone who actually accomplishes something! Good job!

Anna

Writer Chica said...

It's really great to hear you enjoying your work.