Sunday, March 05, 2006

left to do

from Friday
  • work on the job talk - make a pretty title slide, figure out how to integrate recent results, decide what to cut if too long
  • practice job talk
  • get a massage (2 pm)
  • study faculty bios (focusing on search committee)
  • continue to brain storm research ideas (this is the hard one)
from Saturday
  • practice job talk for advisor (11 am), husband (?), dog
  • finish studying faculty bios and identify probable collaborators
  • get cash and other sundries for trip
  • call mom and refuse to let her grill me
  • tentatively prioritize research ideas (1, 5, 10 years)
  • practice short summaries of my research (1, 3, 10 min) and interests (?)
from Sunday
  • practice job talk
  • have husband mock-interview me
  • pack (incl. extra clothes, raincoat, papers, computer)
  • anything else I haven't gotten done by then
  • take a walk with the dog and husband
  • go to bed early
So as you can see, all the planning in the world can't help if you don't actually get things done. Back to work for me.

3 comments:

Katie said...

You're making progress, so give yourself a lot of credit. And make sure to get as much rest as you can. You'll be fantastic - I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Today's the big day! Or the first of them, anyway. I just wanted to wish you good luck!!!! _li

PhD Mom said...

Good luck girl!!!! I hope you get it.