Wednesday, January 18, 2006

apparently I'm a hot commodity

at least that's what one of my references said today, upon being asked to write a 5th letter of reccomendation for me.

That's right - I've made the first cut at Middle America University and that makes five schools asking for letters, but so far none asking for phone/personal interviews. Not to be a snob or anything, but I think I'd rather had an interview request from someplace than yet another set of letters requested.

For those keeping score at home, the contenders are: Middle America University, FancyPants U, UWIRTW, Big Southern School, and Women's College (although that one was so long ago that I sincerely doubt I'll ever hear from them again).

This afternoon, having survived 4 straight hours of meetings, I'm going to get a haircut. Tomorrow, I'll see if I can summon up any more to say about women's names. But I think ya'll have such great insights that I'm almost timid to join back in the chorus.

2 comments:

Dr. Mon said...

Good for you!!

Writer Chica said...

Great job, ScienceWoman! I'm so looking forward to finding out where your life leads.