Sunday, January 08, 2006

5 weird things about this woman scientist

I'm it. Astroprof tagged me. So here are 5 weird things...and I'm going to try to keep them relevant to the topics on this blog.

  1. I have a different last name than the one I had when I was a child, but I do not have the same last name as my husband. More on this coming soon...
  2. My alternate/imaginary career paths are CIA analyst and/or architect. I love to analyze things and put disparate pieces of information together. If my parents and school hadn't funnelled me into science, I don't think I would be where I am now.
  3. I am getting my Ph.D. from the same school where my mom got her Ph.D. And my aunt got her Ph.D. here too, in the same field as me.
  4. My mother married (and divorced) a businessman, I married a businessman and hope to stay married to him. Hopefully the job hunt and tenure process treats us well.
  5. My ideal job would allow me to advise grad students, teach upper level seminars, and work part time.

I'm not tagging anyone with this meme, but if WriterChica, Single Girl, or Mamapants wants to join the weirdness feel free.

2 comments:

loriz said...

Hmm, seems like we've got something in common. I am a Ph.D. student in the physical sciences and I too dreamed of being an architect when I was young! Good luck with your job search!

she falters to rise said...

Oooo, CIA analyst. I still look at FBI and CIA job applications when I'm bored.

That's very interesting about your family connection to your doctoral university. What a smart family.