Friday, December 02, 2005

No Christmas carols here

...despite having added 3 Christmas CD's to my iPod, they didn't make this week's random ten. But it was a pretty interesting mix anyway.
  1. Pancho and Lefty - Emmylou Harris
  2. Are you out there? - Dar Williams (classic teen angst)
  3. Luna - Smashing Pumpkins (I actually don't listen to them that much, they just keep popping up in the shuffle)
  4. Zombie - Cranberries
  5. Better Be Home Soon - Crowded House
  6. Road to Dead - Paula Cole
  7. Where you lead - Carole King
  8. Halcyon & On & On - Orbital
  9. Puff the Magic Dragon - Peter Paul and Mary
  10. This Train Revised - Indigo Girls
I really want to write a post on my childless, married perspective on the latest incarnation of is feminism dead?. BitchPh.D. had an essay that I largely agreed with upon initial reading. However, I have promised myself to improve my critical reading and thinking skills as they apply to things outside of science so I'd like to re-read those posts and some of the other noise on the issue. I wrote about this stuff a few months ago when the NY Times article came out, and I'd like to revisit some of those issues. Just give me a few days to process things, think critically, oh, and do some of that science that I need to do.

1 comment:

Writer Chica said...

I love hearing your thoughts on these topics. In fact, I really enjoy reading your blog, which I do pretty much everyday. Even if I don't comment.
We are getting lots of pretty snow today. Time for sledding!