Saturday, December 31, 2005

Looking back

  • Biggest failure of 2005: Excessive eating and lax exercising leading to weight gain.
  • Biggest non-event of 2005: Baby, what baby?
  • Biggest research acheivement of 2005: Submitting my first paper for publication.
  • Biggest professional acheivment of 2005: Gaining valuable teaching experience with first college course and teacher-development workshop.
  • Biggest marriage acheivement of 2005: Getting through the first 3 months of the year.
  • Biggest personal acheivement of 2005: Maintaining this blog for 8 months.
All in all, I'd give this year an 8 professionally and a 5 personally. It had a lot of triumphs professionally and a fair number of tribulations personally. Maybe too often I avoided problems at home by diving into work, or maybe the all-consuming nature of graduate school caused those problems to swell in the first place. But I will end the year on a good note: Husband has been offered a job.

3 comments:

post-doc said...

Congratulations to your husband! I'm hoping hard that things get even better professionally and improve greatly personally in 2006. If it helps, I can't imagine being married and enduring grad school - it was hard enough for me to date casually.

ScienceWoman said...

And I cannot imagine going through grad school without the support of a dedicated partner. I'm awed by people who find the time and strength to date.

UMTS Flat Vergleich said...

Hey, whats up?