Saturday, November 05, 2005

Ten Things

One of the essayists in Real Simple this month (yuppie me, I know) wrote, in part, about her life list of 100 things to do. It got me thinking this morning in the shower, and I came up with 10. Some are deeply meaningful and others are more frivolous, but they are the first things I came up with, so there must be some method to my madness. I can't remember what order they popped into my head at first, so in no particular order, here are my 10 things:
  1. complete my Ph.D.
  2. have kids
  3. maintain or lower my present weight (excluding while pregnant/postpartum)
  4. learn to roll a whitewater kayak or take up sea kayaking as geographically appropriate
  5. visit all 7 continents (4 to go)
  6. travel to Russia (bonus for seeing Lake Baikal and Kamchatka)
  7. climb a high peak (>10,000 ft?)
  8. keep my environmental ideals in mind as I go about my daily life and act accordingly as reasonable
  9. see an erupting volcano (MSH steam clouds from an airplane don't count)
  10. take concrete steps toward raising awareness of and lessing the occurrence of domestic violence

1 comment:

jo(e) said...

Number 3 seems strangely out of place.