Monday, November 21, 2005

science fair season already?

Bootstrap Analysis has the single best description of a middle school science fair that I've ever read.  If you've never been to one, or even if you have, I urge you to read her post.  And after you've laughed, consider volunteering to judge your local/regional/state science fair.  Science fairs are the first (and often only) experience many kids have with "doing science" and, believe it or not, I've known several people who years later have cited their interactions with a judge as one of the reasons they stayed interested in science.

1 comment:

gene-ie said...

ROTFL!!! I'm pretty sure my office mate thinks I'm nuts - I just read that and kept having to stifle laughs. I almost got to judge a Jr. High Science Fair last week, but ended up having to work late so I couldn't. I'm sure I'll find other opportunities, though.