- On the night after the frozen pizza runs out, order excessive amounts of Chinese food to get you through the worst of it.
- The sickest person should get some level of TLC from the less sick person. Soon it will be their turn.
- The less sick person walks the dog at least once a day. The dog does not understand why she is not getting walked, but she is happy to curl up on the bed with you for 15 hours at a time
- Ignore dishes and laundry unless its a crisis.
- There is a reason we have cable TV and a DVD collection. Use it.
- As you start to feel better, increase your activity level slowly. You want to avoid a relapse.
Relapse is my husband's word of the day. Yesterday he was starting to feel better. He cooked a little, walked the dog, while I lay on the couch (or filled out job applications). Today he is v. sick - fever, awful cough...poor thing. At least it's just a cold, we still haven't turned in our interim emergency health insurance thingy.