- walked the dog (husband too sick to face the cold air) on a beautiful fall morning
- paid for health insurance
- bought plane tix to next month's conference extravaganza
- answered some (but never all) emails
- tinkered with complicated program trying to reduce output file size to a manageable number of columns. Succeeded in multiplying file size (and processing time) by 10.
- Decorated my office wall with old calendar pictures while waiting for computer to work.
- Startled at my computer warning me that it was out of hard-drive space (possibly due to humongous files I am creating), I attempted to find files that I could put on CD.
- Got frustrated because I really have trimmed most of the excess fat from hard drive, so I decided to buy an external hard drive. There goes my laptop portability!
- Got a flu shot.
- Bought 160 GB external hard drive, fire wire adapter, wireless internet adapter, and envelopes at campus bookstore and charged to fellowship.
- Installed hard drive and began moving files.
- Posted to blogger.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
This morning I was all fired up to finally get in a full day's work after being sick. But events (and my own intrinsic laziness) have conspired against me. It's now 3:30 pm and here's what I've accomplished today: