Friday, November 04, 2005

2 down 1 to go

Just gave a talk to one of the research groups I am affiliated with...really a trial run for
tuesday's big agency talk. But I'm feeling pretty good it about. I've gotten lots of positive feedback and have generated interesting questions from my audience members (all of which I've been able to field pretty well). Wednesday's talk at the conference was apparently a smashing sucess, despite the inauspicious start where I tripped over my backpack and nearly fell off the stage.

Anyways, I'm taking this afternoon mostly off to get a pedicure, haircut and fabric for the next round of bebe blankies. Then tomorrow's a field trip I'm helping lead (hoping for unexpectedly good weather and road conditions), Sunday brings a visit from my dad and his wife, Monday I get to actually get some work done, and Tuesday's the big talk.

I've got to get a bit of work done while I'm on the school network, so better get started, my pedi's in 45 minutes.

1 comment:

Writer Chica said...

Congrats on your talk and good luck on Tuesday's talk. On a funny note, I had to look up the word "inauspicious". Good job keeping your composure after tripping. I imagine I would have giggled and made a silly comment. Take care and have a good visit with your dad this weekend!