Tuesday, September 27, 2005

women in science blogs

Thanks to Dr. Mom, (My Adventures as a Mommy-Scientist) for her comment on my last post. I read her whole blog today (much better than that journal article) and was glad to discover that there is someone else out there who dreams of a day when we can have part-time faculty appointments and be respected for having family priorities be ahead of (but not exclusive to) a career in science.

On her blog, she also linked to Mom Seeks Tenure who seems a little jaded, but probably is just more frazzled, and mostly gives accounts of her day-to-day adventures as an assistant prof at a major research university and mom to two.

I'll be adding you both to my links list, and checking back often. It's good to know that there are others out there who had kids in grad school, survived it, and have gone on to bigger and better things. And also are interested in the same issues I am.

No comments: