Wednesday, September 28, 2005

icebergs

See Jane Compute

An assistant professor in computer science ...

Looks like she's got a lot of potential other women in science links. It's like there's a whole community out there and I'm just starting to see the 9/10ths of the iceberg that's underwater. Before I started my blog I looked around for others like the one I wanted to start, but I couldn't find any, and now...

This almost makes me comfortable enough to call that professor at "Prestigous Liberal Arts College with a vacancy in my field" and see whether I can get some sort of insight into what they are looking for, before I spend more time like the blind man and the elephant trying to guess it out on my own.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hey, thanks for linking to me! Another blogger (Dr. Mom) pointed me in your direction. Looking forward to reading your blog!